While blog-hopping last night, I came across Aileen Apolo's blog entry entitled Classic Tito, Vic and Joey and a you tube link for classic Philippine TV Commercials. I clicked the link and enjoyed watching classic 70's and 80's TVCs and some recent ones.
Back in the Philippines, there are times when I'd really get annoyed when the show I'm watching has lots of TVC. But there are TVCs that are just so cool and patok they leave footprints in our hearts. I can still remember some popular TVCs such as:
- Coca-Cola - Lilet in I'm the future of the world...
- Royal Tru-Orange - RJ Ledesma series
- Palmolive - I can feel it TVC, where Alice Dixon became popular.
- San Miguel Beer - Siboom...Siboom, Isang platitong mani...
- Close-up - Robin Da Rosa in closer you and I
- Ivory Shampoo - Bianca Araneta in Ang gaan-gan ng feeling, and a lot more.....
Here in Qatar, we don't get to watch the Philippine TVC anymore. Our closest encounter were spoofs from Bubble Gang. But if you want to watch some classic and recent TVCs and re-live some memories back home, visit Adman's page. Meantime, enjoy these classics:
I always hear the word "Kokuryo" from my Aunt when she is referring to a no name cosmetic brand but I didn't know "Kokuryo" really existed. I thought my Aunt just made up the name. I was surprised to find out that Kokuryu even had a TVC with no less than Amalia Fuentes as the endorsing celebrity. But I wonder if she ever used it? I mean, do commercial models really use the brand the are endorsing?